Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In-N-Out Baseball Championship and Week 4


Things are better now than at this point last week. I've lived life a little. Went to work, watched my son's soccer game, even went to the epicenter for social engagement, Walmart. Make no mistake it wasn't easy, my head hung a little lower, my steps had less purpose. As the timeline of my life distances itself from that painful event so will my mental recollection. At some point I'll get my mojo back. Still yet the pain and agony of defeat will stay with me forever as it does each and every year that doesn't end with a banner. Time heals all wounds, as the saying goes. Try telling me that each morning when I see the scars of lost seasons looking back at me. While I'm not one to talk about myself, judging by my fan mail and get well wishes, I felt a status update was in order.

The aforementioned pain and anguish likely summarizes the feelings of Todd Whitley this week. Six months of being the best the 64/60 had to offer wasn't good enough as once again Landon Bowe finishes the season at the top. The victory gives Landon back to back titles and the privelage to further devalue that beautiful trophy which is the envy of all 64/60 members. While last seasons title established Landon in the ranks of the 64/60, this second title puts him in the conversation for the 64/60's best. Four seasons have produced four playoff appearences, one first place regular season(keep in mind that season the Fukudome Fuckers were on autopilot all year), 2 regular season runner-ups, 5 Playoff W's, and of course two Championships. No one values their legacy more than myself but even I tip my hat to the accomplishments of the L-Bo. From the resume to the managerial style the success is the envy of every member of the 64/60.

Walls Of Jericho 6 vs. Free Hat 5. As one would expect two solid pitching performances yet surprisingly it was the Free Hats who earned the 4-1-1 edge. Offensively it wasn't either teams shining moment as 29/8/36/.252/.723 all earned W's. While the Free Hat's have been the best all around offensive team all season over the last month plus it had been more downs than ups. Count the Championship week in the down category as all the aforementioned totals belonged to Walls, thus the 6/5 advantage. In the end all the separated victory and defeat was one measly run and a Greg Holland Save.

MVP- Jedd Gyorko .241/3/4/10/0/.899 (Verlanders 2QS 22K 1.08WHIP and 16.50 K/9 went a long way in the Hat's making a game of this.)


* The 64/60 will hold a toast to the Champion on Friday October the 11th. Venue TBD per the Champ. Drinks, laughs, tears, and proposals for the 2014 season will be on the agenda.


Football

Not gonna lie, it's becoming more and more difficult to motivate myself to post a weekly wrapup when football's the only game in town. I'm a baseball guy by heart but I truly love football. I devote many a hours each and every week to loving and stroking my remote from the pageantry of College Football Saturday to the grand spectacle that is the Sunday Ticket. Sure I have to divide my time more so than in the past but make no mistake sometime the youngster will have to set a little longer in a nice little pile of the morning grub if a RedZone alert is looming. While my passion for football is unwavering my passion for Fantasy Football simply pales in comparison to that of baseball. As I've mentioned numerous times, these post are labors of love, 3AM alarm calls and late night web searches are simply a part of it. The topics come much easier if the heart leads you to the story. Now don't kid yourself, the BCFP is as dedicated a owner as he is in baseball, it's just the additional duties that may get the short end of the stick. Anyone out there who would like to give their two cents is welcome to it. Simply let me know, I'll send you writing privelages, bingo-bango a blog poster is what you've become. It's that simple.

Meanwhile in the 64/60......People I realize the season has just begun and that the first series of bye-weeks have occured but this week will mark the first/third of the season mark(I'm sure there is a name for this but it escapes me at this point). If the early goings of the 64/60 is any indication things could be a little crazy this season. Obviously one past champions and the current title holder came to play this season as Hardy and Whitley respectively have chewed up and spit out defeat up to this point. As for the rest of us 2-2 and 1-3 is all we have to offer. Fowlers Meth Heads with 732 points certainly stands out amongst the .500 club but other than that teams would appear to be rather balanced. As for the 1-3 Crowd only the 439 (59 total points below next highest total) points by Zero Dark 41129 would appear to be concerning. Keep in mind however that if memory serves me well, Nate was a slow starter in baseball only to become perhaps the best outfit over the final two months of the season. Point being the first half of the season isn't about measuring your penis size it's nothing more than treading water and staying in the hunt. So even if Ben Roethlisberger is your starting QB1 in a Two QB league and you cry in your Golden Crisp every morning yearning for Cam Newton, the seasons just starting to take shape. Tread water and hope for a break your postseason script is still yet to be written.

Douchebagery United 208 vs. Zero Dark 41129 121. Nate wore a smile early Sunday morning. Sitting at 1-3 nothing excites you more than a winless bunch of misfits who still has a hand in the cookie jar of fantasy baseball playoffs. Naturally when your 1-3 and struggling to score points nothing comes easy. Damn you primetime football.

Brees 44pts.


Marshall Maniac 171 vs. Hendo Colonels 132. Honestly Hobson how many times thus far have you cursed my refusal to slide Brees your way. Just when you get the desired production from your franchise, 27 points, Brees goes for 40+. As I've stated before, I apologize but my integrity as Commissioner sometimes overrides my status as a friend. If straight up friendship was the deciding factor believe me Brees would have been yours. On a good note the Maniacs got some production from the QB position. But much like a night of boozing it up with the neighborhood husky chick no matter how many beers you have when you wake up in the morning she's still husky.

Brady 27


Manscraper United 173 vs. Steady Shockers 170. As has been the theme throughout the history of the 64/60 the younger of the siblings wins the rivalry. James best his older yet less experienced brother in terms of 64/60 tenure. It has always been said that nothing good happens after Midnight while I'll disagree with the blanket statement I have found that generally speaking the term is somewhat fitting. Take note of James Hardy's letter to the Commissioner which posted on the message board well past that deadline for good decision making. Jamison in uproar over auditing issue in the Yahoo database. A victory taken away? JamesGate? Or simply much to do about nothing, in which a warm blanket and a good nights sleep would have taken care of it all.

Manning 40


9irons 151 vs. Fowlers Meth Heads 143. Round of applause everyone. GRC3 for 4 consecutive weeks has sent in a valid lineup. Is this a newfound focus a turning of a new leaf or can this simply be attributed to good health and a lack of bye weeks? The jury is still out and his status as a 64/60 Owner is still in peril. A rags and riches week for Bopp. 5-15+ players, 4- Less than 5pt players.

Torrey Smith 27


Johnny Chimpo 158 vs. B'Ville Stars 151. I'm sure Todd's happy with the win and the 4-0 start, however I am still confident Todd would gladly trade those 4 Wins for that elusive Baseball Title. Rough start for the Stars at 1-3 but from a roster standpoint this is a very underperforming team with better days ahead. I get so tired of backing up the bus and running over a McClung I feel it's only right to give them a compliment at some point.

Ryan 31


SOJM 146 vs. BCFP 121. Semifinal defeat in baseball, One sided affair in the Consolation Bracket, a loss at the hands of a winless Slim Jim squad. Yeah you could say it's been a rough go of it lately. Given all the scoring this season due to the new setup it's quite an accomplishment to get two 0 point producers. If their is a silver lining to it all, giving Bill his first victory is a honor in itself.

Foster 28


1 comment:

Chavez said...

Last I checked 4 out of 16 games, is one-fourth, not one-third,(aka, one quarter of the season). Now, I am not saying the commissioner needs to enroll in Calculus classes any time soon, but this could explain why the BCFP has been unable to escape the bowels of the 64/60, from a winning perspective, of late. That is to say, simple arithmetic and statistical analysis are a crucial part of all things fantasy sport. So, perhaps I could advise the commish to head his own advice for grabbing that pillow and blanket, and perhaps that extra shut-eye may improve some of the logical reasoning needed to help get the FP back on track. Consider this a free session, but I will have to bill you next time.

Regards,

Chavez y Chavez, F.S.M.D.
Resident Fantasy Sports Psychologist & Medicine Man, 64/60