Monday, December 5, 2011

Oh That Assembly Hall....

Coach Cal gets witty on twitter

It's a playful rivalry between Cal and Indiana's Tom Crean. The two often exchange zingers and barbs via social media, in a no harm-done way as a way of saying hello. And, maybe a little motivation on Crean's part to keep the rivalry relevant in the changing world of college basketball.

Tommy Boy had tongue in cheek, hit the airwaves(or net waves???) and said something to the effect of not letting any blue in the Assembly Hall that day.
After I realized that is what IU calls their arena, and that it's not the Jehovah's Witness Hall on 168, I got interested. Not really, I was actually hoping it was the Hall on 168. I was hoping those door knockers had challenged some other religion in blue shirts. Nothing better than a Holy War in the sticks...

Cal played along, and via his own Twitter, which is the Alpha and Omega of Twitter accounts, he said for UK fans to wear red to the arena, don't let them know you are Kentucky fans, then once you make it in, lose the red ala Clark Kent, and become Superman and show the blue underneath. He even urged people to just leave the red shirts there.

Now, This is obviously just for fun. But you know how we are. I'd say 13% of our traveling show of force will actually do this, or act like they are for facebook picture tagging purposes. I'd also almost expect some moron from Cats Pause Illustrated, to make a post on the site about how 'Indiana can suck my d--k!!! I ain't never gonna' hide behind no red shirt.' and then going on to say something else super intelligent...and referencing Terrence Jones floating around the top of the key at least half a dozen times.

Pete Thamel will claim that something illegal may be going on, and that Kentucky is paying recruits, and that
'leave the red at the arena' is code for checks in the mail Shabazz.

I wish I was completely joking about that last part.


No comments: