Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spreadology 2011



NEBRASKA vs. Penn State +3. Just one of my many faults when it comes to sports wagering is emotions. I to often allow emotions to get the best of me. I despise Tebow therefore regardless of the value associated with the Broncos I would either take the opposite or not wager at all. It's the very reason that I never bet against the Irish. Keeping the emotions in mind I want nothing more than for the Penn State Nittany Lions to lose this football game. Now I realize these players played in middle school when the Sandusky events played out but rumor has it that should the Nittany Lions escape with a victory the team as a whole will walk to Joe Paterno's house to hand him the game ball. Enduce Vomitting. So I ask myself is my hatred toward the Paterno era blinding my view on this line? Keeping with the emotion theme I have no doubt the Nittany Lions will bring everything they have to the table and should Penn State jump out to a double digit lead you might as well forget it. Problem for the Lions I just don't see it playing out as such. Nebraska's the more talented team and I actually think PSU will be two emotional thus playing tight. Look for the Cornhuskers to hit about 3-5 big plays throughout the day which should easily be enough to outscore the pedestrian Nittany Lion attack.


STEELERS vs. Bengals +3. Not even a Bengal Stripped Underwear wearing Who Dey fan could have imagined how this 2011 season has played out. Andy Dalton, as a rookie, has played the QB position as well as it's been played for the Bengals the last 5 years. AJ Green is a HR waiting to happen, Benson has been a work horse at times and the Defense is the best in the league statistically. With that said the Steelers role by double digits. To talented to lose two consecutive games and easily the best team the Bengals have faced all season. Look for Roethlisberger to spread it around attacking the Bengals through the air putting up north of 20 which is all that will be needed for the double digit edge.


GIANTS vs. 49ers -3.5. If I could choose one coach to lead my favorite College/Pro or High School team. just one coach to be the face of the franchise that man would by Jim Harbaugh. Somehow in year one he will turn this struggling 49ers squad into a double digit W team, winning their division, and could very well have a first round bye if not more during the playoffs. In comes a Giants squad who are fresh off a big win in New England and now travel cross country to play the 49ers. Outside of a slight edge on the defensive side of the ball and a better running game the 49ers should be overmatched. Manning is far superior to Smith. Between Manningham, Jacobs, Cruz, Ballard, and potentially Nicks the Giants have double the offensive options than the 49ers. If the 49ers were 4-4 or 5-3 this would easily be a game the G-Men would lose but given the sparkling record the 49ers have to offer look for the Giants to earn the win playing solid focused football against a less talented team.


RECAP: Nebraska -3, Steelers -3, Giants +3.5

Last Week: 2-1

YTD: 16-12

Other Games for Your Consideration: Oregon +3.5, Cowboys -5.5, Ravens -6.5, Patriots +1

No comments: