Saturday, July 31, 2010

fantasy football bargains of the round

Each round has a bargain in every draft. Here's a few of my favorite bargains this year and where they are falling at.

Round 1 - MJD- he could be the best RB not named Chris Johnson. He has fallen to me with the 6th overall pick. I would probably take him second overall. I have talked about Jones Drew before so I wont go on forever. He has a great year next year with a chance to get 15 or so TDs.

Round 2- Reggie Wayne- he could be the best WR not named Andre Johnson. He has fallen to me with the 15th pick. I rank Wayne as a first rounder. Great bargain as your second player taken. I could see Wayne getting 13 or so TDs with 100 catches or more. With the advancement of Garcon and Collie and Anthony Gonzalez coming back from injury teams are gonna have a tough time double teaming Wayne.

Round 3- Shonn Greene- Have seen people take him in the first rd. He has fell to me with the 30th overall pick. I love Greene in the 3rd round. Could finish in the top five at RB in yardage and carries. Young and gonna be the guy in a offense that runs the ball. He is a top 5 RB at season's end.

Round 4- Anquan Boldin- Finally a number one WR. Ravens are gonna throw the ball alot more next year. I really like Boldin's 2010. I see big things for the Ravens and Boldin. He has fell to the 4th rd. only once but he is a steal even in the 3rd. Red zone beast.

Round 5- Ronnie Brown- Pressure will be off the Wildcat next year so Brown actually has a chance to play 16 games. Running in a more traditional OFF will help both Brown and Williams next year. Injury concerns are there but with your 5th pick Brown could bolster a RB stable or be your RB 1 or RB 2 if you loaded up on WR or QB early. If he plays 16 games he could be over 1000 yd.

Round 6- Wes Welker- PPR machine. Great OFF. My 6th pick? Sign me up. Ive seen Welker in the 6th rd. several times and have taken him every time. Injury concerns are there but I see no drop off for Welker. Over 100 rec. again.

Round 7- Santonio Holmes- Number one WR on a playoff team. Could help Sanchez take bigger steps. Beast in the redzone. 4 game suspension creates the bargain. I want Holmes for the playoffs not the first 4 weeks. I really like him 2010. Seen him in the 7th rd. a few times and have taken him every time he is there.

Round 8- Dez Bryant- Rolled ankle will sideline him for a month or two but should be ready to go when the season starts. Deep option in great OFF. Could return kicks. Athletic WR that catches about everything. Character issues are not concerning because of the team he is on.

Round 9- Derrick Mason- 1000 yd. WR that everyone forgets about. He will benefit from Boldin being across from him and seeing the opposing teams number 2 DB. Over 1000 yd. again in 2010. Getting a guy you can count on like Mason in the 9th rd. is reassurance to a WR corp and is a championship move for a fantasy team.

Round 10- Joe Flacco- Could end up a top 6 or 7 QB at years end that I have drafted in the 9th rd. or later every single mock draft. Im high on Flacco and its mainly because of the cheap pricetag. I see a similar year to that of Matt Shaub who is going in like the 5th rd.

Round 11- Ben Rothlisberger- Hate the guy in real life but when it comes to fantasy and his 2010 pricetag I really like him. Quality back up QB that you can count on and he is getting drafted in the 10th rd. or later.

Round 12- Dustin Keller- After the Clarks and the Gates of the world are gone I like waiting for a upside TE. Keller is that guy this year. Holmes and Braylon spread the field more and I see Keller having a good year in this OFF. Expecially in the 12th rd.

Round 13- Philadelphia Eagles DEF- Finished top 4 in both INT and sacks. Great DEF that you dont have to pay the full price on. Great pick in the 13th rd.

Round 14- Golden Tate- Could return kicks and should be the number 2 WR opposite Housh. 65 rec seems reasonable and if he takes a kick back to the house the pick seems even cooler. Great 14th rd. selection. Have taken him in the majority of my mocks and real drafts. Bargain upside here.

Round 15- Cincinnati Bengals DEF- Ball hawking and good against the run. Real bargain in the 15th rd. They could be a top 10 DEF taken with your second to last pick.

Round 16- Rob Bironas- I think he will be the top kicker next year as the Titans will score more and be in the redzone more. Any kicker in the last rd. that you dont drop in like 2 weeks is a bargian but if he finishes the year as a top 6 or 7 kicker then its all gravy.

No comments: